What data do we collect?
- Nomad Cook collects the following data:
Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number (optionally) when you send us a message or inquiry).
- When you sign up for our newsletter, you do it through a third party called Sendinblue. They have their own terms of service. You can read them here: [General conditions of use of Sendinblue services – Sendinblue] (https://www.sendinblue.com/legal/termsofuse/)
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide us with the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or via email.
- Voluntarily send us a message through our contact form.
How do you obtain my consent?
When you provide us with your personal information to complete a transaction, verify your credit card, create an order, arrange a shipment or make a return, we imply that you consent to the collection and use for that specific reason only.
If we ask for your personal information for a secondary reason, such as marketing, we will ask you directly for your express consent, or we will give you the opportunity to refuse.
How can I withdraw my consent?
If you change your mind after you have agreed, you may withdraw your consent to be contacted by us for the collection, use or disclosure of your information at any time by contacting us through our contact form.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information ONLY if we are required to do so by law.
Third parties Services
In general, third party service providers used by us will only collect, use and disclose your information to the extent necessary to enable them to perform the services they provide to us.
However, some third party service providers, such as payment gateways and other payment transaction processors, have their own privacy policies regarding the information we are required to provide to them for purchase-related transactions.
For these providers, we recommend that you read their privacy policies so that you can understand how your personal information will be handled.
In particular, remember that some suppliers may be located in or have facilities in a different jurisdiction from you or us. So if you wish to proceed with a transaction involving the services of a third party service provider, your information may be subject to the laws of the jurisdiction (jurisdictions) in which the service provider or its facilities are located.
As an example, if you are located in Canada and your transaction is processed by a U.S.-based payment gateway, then your personal information used to complete the transaction may be subject to disclosure under U.S. law.
To protect your personal information, we take precautions and follow industry best practices to ensure that it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
If you provide us with your credit card information, that information is encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology with AES-256 encryption.
Your purchase transaction data is stored only to the extent necessary to complete the purchase transaction. After it is completed, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
This site has data encryption using an SSL security certificate and the payment gateways (Paypal and Stripe) as well. This in order that your information is protected with the security standards in the industry.
How will we use your data?
We collect your data so that we can:
- Process your order or orders.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like. Only if you voluntarily sign up to our newsletter. You can unsubscribe anytime you receive one of our emails.
- Your email address will not be used for any purpose other than to contact you.
How do we store your data?
We securely store your data at our secure local encrypted server.
We will keep your files sent for quoting purposes for the length of the quoting process. Once this period of time has expired, we will delete your data by deleting all confidential files.
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, including info from our strategic partners.
You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
Which are your rights in terms of data protection?
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access. You have the right to request us for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification. You have the right to request that us correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request us to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to have your data deleted. You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you request any of the above, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: info(@)nomadcookfilms.com
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – We uses this type of cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in.
How you can handle cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function properly because of that.
Privacy policies for external websites or services
- Maintain your user interface status
By using this site, you represent that you are at least the age of majority in your state or province of residence, or that you are the age of majority in your state or province of residence. In Mexico the age of majority is 18 years old.
Last Update: July 4th 2023.
How to contact us
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we hold about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer through our contact form, at or by postal mail to Luis A. Hernandez. Puebla S/N, Centro, Putla, Villa de Guerrero, 71009. Oaxaca, Mexico.
How to contact the appropriate authorities
If you wish to report a complaint or you feel that we have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory way, you may contact the proper dependency in Mexico: